So says the Department of Health in the UK. Being obese ups the cancer-rate in non-smokers by a third. Over-weight sufferers don’t heal as well, either.
I can’t see any good reason for the rates in smokers to be dissimilar. 90% of all cancer cases in the UK are caused by smoking.
If this disturbs you, what should you do?
- Drink much more fresh water
- Eat as close to raw as you can (more popular with veggo’s)
- Leave as much time between meals as reasonable (5 hours recommended)
- Don’t break yourself, but structure your day for more exercise
- Spend a little more time in nature & the wild
- Sleep regularly & well
- Avoid sweeteners, both “real” & artificial
- Figure out how to avoid smoking or cigarettes
- Be happy, avoid stress
I’m not sure how to reconcile that last guideline with all of the others. But it helps. (-: