And now for something completely different: a recipe.
- 1 can chunk pineapple, drained
- 1 onion
- 1 large capsicum (sauté slightly)
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch (added to drained pineapple juice)
- 1-2 cups firm tofu cut into chunks
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce sprinkled over the tofu chunks
Stir tofu & soy sauce very carefully, then bake in a 350 deg F (175 deg C) oven for 15 minutes. This will firm it up even more & help the flavor to bake in.
Bring to a boil all but the cornstarch mixture & tofu. Stir in cornstarch & heat until thickened.
Add the tofu to the rest just before serving, stirring only gently so the tofu doesn’t break apart.
Serve over (brown) rice.