Skip to main content

EMail bizarrity

Hi, Jon Oxer!

Some people have been having trouble, but many others not. I think that a copy of the error messages you happen to see happen — then pasted in by you (y'all if not Jon) as a reply to this — might help me ta figgah out precisely what is coming unstuck and where.

An ISP and a few other people have done things to the system(s) involved, things which seem generally to have helped (some of them quite markedly), but sadly not always.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Greets Leon
Here is a message I posted in reply to your message to the linuxau committee list the other day. Yell if and when you want to take the helm. I'm pretty new to the linuxau way of doing things so I've been a pretty quiet participant.

Pia also replied to your post with a question asking if youd like to rejoin.

Thanks for the ++
and welcome back =)

______
Great to hear from you with wry humour intact.
Yell if at anypoint youd like to recommittee yourself
but sounds like youve got plenty to juggle in any case.

Many severals of Bravo! from this corner ofr the world to yourself and your family and friends as from here it looks like the whole is
a determined and effective unit for recovery.

Kim is also a city cyclist.
I reckon there need to be some big changes to the space allowed for bikes on the road(ie the bikelane in the doorspace of a parking lane is not a brilliant default setup) and to people's sense of responsibility about bikes anyway.

Waving from here.

Janet
Anonymous said…
heres a header thingy from my bounced mail. cheers janet/lucychili
had to change the brackets to round for the blog software.

This is the Postfix program at host spamtrap.cyberknights.com.au.

I'm sorry to have to inform you that your message could not
be delivered to one or more recipients. It's attached below.

For further assistance, please send mail to (postmaster)

If you do so, please include this problem report. You can
delete your own text from the attached returned message.

The Postfix program

(leon@cyberknights.com.au): User unknown in virtual alias table



Reporting-MTA: dns; spamtrap.cyberknights.com.au
X-Postfix-Queue-ID: 77687A704B
X-Postfix-Sender: rfc822; lucychili@internode.on.net
Arrival-Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 12:02:20 +0800 (WST)

Final-Recipient: rfc822; leon@cyberknights.com.au
Action: failed
Status: 5.0.0
Diagnostic-Code: X-Postfix; User unknown in virtual alias table
Leon RJ Brooks said…
Thanks, y'all. I think I need to read more about some of PostFix's fancier virtualisation tables in the morning when I have (mostly) brains again. The reason being that what I see matches the internal documentation as I understand it but I'm not certain that I do understand it. (-:
Leon RJ Brooks said…
Lucy, as far as I can tell, the trap was deliberately set every time.

Mere laws aren't going to stop that, and issuing death penalties for being a malicious butt-wipe will simple add challenge and derring-do for the forms of utter idiot who don't realise that "achieving" this level of density is terminally stupid. And turn getting away with said stupidity into an all-or-nothing situation, even though in the criminal's case here he didn't have a chance of so obscuring things.
Leon RJ Brooks said…
Chili/Janet (and I guess Pia), as with everything else you ever do, success relies on a persistent (but not damning or erosive) awareness of the random meatheads who thrive on their pathetic "talent" for hurting other people.

Dodge them, work around them, find ways to eliminate or at last massively curtail their pathetic cost, and your life will be a much happier one.

In cycling, as in almost anything else, the key appears to be a gentle skepticism of odd circumstances, somewhat assisted by a consistently undying drive to make harmful idiocy completely unrewarding for its proponents.

This often has two effects; immediate denial of the losers' pleasure in hurting people (demotivation), followed by a lasting education for said losers (that perhaps being a lasting waste of space and/or brains ain't gunna work -- that means for ever and for real; and that there are better ways of living and there is more to live for).
Anonymous said…
the email is still broken today, I sent another test message a few minutes ago and still got the error returned

[-- Attachment #1: Notification --]
[-- Type: text/plain, Encoding: 7bit, Size: 0.4K --]

This is the Postfix program at host spamtrap.cyberknights.com.au.

I'm sorry to have to inform you that your message could not
be delivered to one or more recipients. It's attached below.

For further assistance, please send mail to postmaster

If you do so, please include this problem report. You can
delete your own text from the attached returned message.

The Postfix program

leon@cyberknights.com.au: User unknown in virtual alias table

[-- Attachment #2: Delivery report --]
[-- Type: message/delivery-status, Encoding: 7bit, Size: 0.3K --]

Reporting-MTA: dns; spamtrap.cyberknights.com.au
X-Postfix-Queue-ID: EE597A705F
X-Postfix-Sender: rfc822; sjh@svana.org
Arrival-Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 14:37:10 +0800 (WST)

Final-Recipient: rfc822; leon@cyberknights.com.au
Action: failed
Status: 5.0.0
Diagnostic-Code: X-Postfix; User unknown in virtual alias table

[-- Attachment #3: Undelivered Message --]
[-- Type: message/rfc822, Encoding: 7bit, Size: 1.1K --]

Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 16:37:06 +1000
From: Steven Hanley sjh@svana.org
To: Leon Brooks leon@cyberknights.com.au
Subject: knock knock, is this email thingy working now....
Reply-To: Steven Hanley sjh@svana.org
Content-Disposition: inline
User-Agent: Some Random Email Client
Organization: much sought in this hectic world
X-SA-Exim-Connect-IP: locally generated
X-SA-Exim-Mail-From: sjh@svana.org
X-SA-Exim-Scanned: No (on svana.org); SAEximRunCond expanded to false

See the subject

Popular posts from this blog

An Open and Shut response to Darl McBride

Hi, Darl. I see you’re being dishonest again . It’d be really nice if you could shoot straight for a change, but I think Kerry’s Dad will be selling snowplows in Hell first. Three years ago, when I first joined The SCO Group, we focused the company on the area that was most profitable and provided the most benefit to customers, investors, resellers, developers and employees: UNIX No, you focused the company on suing people, which was most profitable to lawyers and provided some golden parachutes for your buddies. People thought we were crazy. They were right. But since SCO owns the UNIX operating system The SCO Group does not own UNIX® in any sense of the word. The Open Group owns the UNIX trademark, definition and other rights , The SCO Group does not. The SCO Group doesn’t even own the UnixWare® or OpenServer® code, the rights to those are held by Novell and TSG use them only by permission and under certain conditions — which they have violate...

5x7 text dot-matrix in five minutes...

This is a fairly primitive toy I threw together today for a specific purpose, published in case it’s any use to others... feed it a list of words as command arguments, which it will then display as a 5x7 ASCII dotmatrix with ‘#’ as a dot & ‘_’ as a blank. /* * display text using a 5x7 bitmap font in ASCII letters */ static unsigned char font [] [5] = { { 0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00 }, // 0x20 32 { 0x00,0x00,0x6f,0x00,0x00 }, // ! 0x21 33 { 0x00,0x07,0x00,0x07,0x00 }, // " 0x22 34 { 0x14,0x7f,0x14,0x7f,0x14 }, // # 0x23 35 { 0x00,0x07,0x04,0x1e,0x00 }, // $ 0x24 36 { 0x23,0x13,0x08,0x64,0x62 }, // % 0x25 37 { 0x36,0x49,0x56,0x20,0x50 }, // & 0x26 38 { 0x00,0x00,0x07,0x00,0x00 }, // ' 0x27 39 { 0x00,0x1c,0x22,0x41,0x00 }, // ( 0x28 40 { 0x00,0x41,0x22,0x1c,0x00 }, // ) 0x29 41 { 0x14,0x08,0x3e,0x08,0x14 }, // * 0x2a 42 { 0x08,0x08,0x3e,0x08,0x08 }, ...

Citizens Augmenting Government Waste

So here we have Microsoft-funded “ Citizens Against Government Waste ” (CAGW) heavily criticising Massachusetts’s switch to an internationally accepted and open document standard (not open source, open standard — but I seem to remember a large monopolist who frequently confuses the two when it suits them). I remember CAGW, they were the organisation who had dead people writing in to support Microsoft in court a few years ago — thanks to sbergman27 for the link — is this “the dead hand of CAGW” at work again? Let’s follow the money and find out. Who stands to lose the most money and control if Massachusetts switches to an unencumbered document format? Big surprise, it’s CAGW sponsor Microsoft, through their dominant MS-Office suite. Why did CAGW list Microsoft’s suite last, after two other much-less-dominant examples which are waning anyway? If you’re inclined to wallow in additional irony, consider that at leas...